This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
4 the ladies, a question u can all answer (please)?
12-09-2012, 03:29 AM
4 the ladies, a question u can all answer (please)?
First of all, i'd like to say any answer is valued, even the mean ones, harsh ones, as it only make me learn. Sometimes the most honest answers get 10 points from me (hint).

There is an obvious phenomena where MOST of the time, nerdy guys don't have much of a chance with a higher-status girl unless a unique event or situation arises. I have a theory as to why, but I'll say that later.

Here, i'll get to the point. There is this girl that i find absolutely astounding, not only in looks, but her personality is superb. Yes, we know each other, but please help me figure this one out:

Last year, I met her since she was in my precalc class and she randomly came up to me and said, "Hey (my name)" and gave me a hug. And not one of those fakes hugs some girls give to me, it was legitimate 2 arms and prolonged for a few seconds. After that until the mid point of the school year, we would hug in this fashion every day. But here's the key point: one day she asked me for my number so we could text. I didn't have a phone then.

And we sat by each other but one day our seats were assigned and she sat across the classroom from me (frowny face). Then, it was 180, she wouldn't wave back in the hallway ( i felt stupid sometimes), we wouldn't hug anymore, talk anymore, heII, make eye contact anymore.

But this year, i got a cell phone. This year i did something im actually not so proud of. I remembered her asking for my phone number, but we recently became friends on Facebook, so i got her number off of there and started texting her. She jokingly said, "what, u stalking my Facebook page Smile", but i don't know if she was joking now. Every time i try to text her, she just says "hey" or "hi", gives me 1 or 2 word answers to stuff, and eventually doesn't text back.

Call me crazy, but this girl is worth it. She the most amazing ball of energy i've ever met, and i can't just sit back and do nothing about it. Yet. What should i do? Should i back off? Is this the hint she doesn't even want to be friends anymore?

My theory: sometimes higher-status girls may think nerd friends are only friends with them for the fact that they might get a status boost, or they don't want their own status to get ruined. I respect these, but i don't respect not coming clean to me about it.

I don't know... help me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 03:37 AM

Honestly yeah, you should back off & move on. I think your theorys correct to some extent, it explains why she was was close to you before...for a confidence boost. I say this because when she moved there was obviously no substance there if she began to ignore you. Her short replies to you imply that she doesn't really want to talk to you either, or she'd make more of an effort and keep the conversation going. I'm sure you'll find someone with more energy and a better personality if you allow yourself to move on as she's obviously not worth it.
Good luck Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply