This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it bad that I just unfriended a friend? Literally? (repost because I need more opinions)?
12-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Is it bad that I just unfriended a friend? Literally? (repost because I need more opinions)?
We recently were in a play and I had to wear a hideous unfortunate costume (it was a mascot outfit, all handsewn) which I had to create on my own. I admit it was a piece of crap but I spent hours working on it. I didnt want anyone to upload pics of the play with me in the costume on facebook. I wrote that as a status.

Then my friend got all "you look so cute in your yellow costume like mine was any better" and I said I'm not in the mood (I've been cranky all day because I had 3 hours of sleep last night) and she only had to wear a hoodie.and be a gangster for her character. People liked her the best cuz she was all gangstery. She had it easy. But she kept commenting on my status saying "aint nobody got time to upload pics of your ghetoass costume that you did in 5 mins." That comment just ticked me off. So I messaged her saying to stop. Then she said okay. But she has made me mad before and I said to her its useless if you say okay and then do it again. Then I said "I don't think we should be friends anymore I hate this" then she said "its cool with me ive got plenty more hun"

Problem is shes insensitive and her sense of humor is annoying because she takes everything as a joke. Even things that are offensive she thinks theyre funny. If she was getting bullied and people were calling her names shed be fine with it and think its funny or something. Like she ignores it all like it's nothing. I WOULDN'T. Because I hate when people can't treat me with slight respect, as an individual.

I don't know if I should feel bad because I've never had to do it to anyone ever in my entire life. I'm 17 and shes 18. Shes all tough and her excuse is that she's had to move around a lot because of her dad and her parents are unhappy with each other. My parents are unhappy with each other too and we're all international students in our school so pretty much that's a sh-t excuse to let yourself act like a dick to survive.

I feel so disappointed! Mainly because when she's not like this she's really funny and we actually click. We have Skype calls and everything and we crack inside jokes together but I hate getting pissed off by her insensitivity and rudeness sometimes. I don't know. Have I made the right decision?
Thanks for answering again Beastly Iguana Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 10:59 AM

I still think your friend is a dick.

Ads

Stop being so insecure, you did the right thing.
if my 'friend' did that to me, I was gonna cut her toes off!

I think you made the right decision. I'd do the same thing. She doesn't sound like much of a "friend" anyways. Real friends don't purposely piss a friend off or embarrass them.

Ur friend is a dick and u need to stop acting like a child! I guess both people win in this situation because neither of u have to deal with each other again

Wow I was flabbergasted when you said you were 17, I literally assumed this was written by a 12 year old. Not even kidding.