This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I right to be angry still?
12-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Am I right to be angry still?
So I'm an 18 year old guy who graduated highschool in June. I am "good" friends with this girl for about 2 years and we talk everyday through Facebook and text. The only times she ever asked me to hangout with her at school is when her friend wasn't there and only if her friend wasn't there, which we hung out twice. Now since june we've been talking and we haven't hung out at all. Not one. I asked her plenty of times but she has some excuse. I confronted her about hanging out a few times recently an she'd brush it off. She's the only person I talk too. I don't have any friends other than her and it just irritates me how our friendship is. She knows I like her a little bit, is that the reason? I'm super angry cause she also lied about how she felt about me in front of her friend in June. It really hurt my feelings. Am I right to be mad still about that? The stuff in the past? I did confront her about it she just said she didn't wanna talk about it, she never apologized either. I just feel angry cause I feel like she is using me so she has someone to talk to. We don't hangout, I asked a bunch and she has an excuse everytime.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 11:05 AM

She's stupid for lying about her feelings for you, but as I've been in a similar position, I can tell you what she might be feeling - she's uncomfortable and feels guilty for not feeling the same towards you. It's not that you're not good enough, but you're just not for her. Think about it - if someone really likes you and you feel you can't break their heart - would you break it instead or would you twist and turn trying to balance not being with them but not breaking their heart either? The latter is the stupid option, but it's also the road most people take.

I suggest you let her go and find a girl who likes you. Who knows, when you move on this old girl might know what she's missing and contact you herself.

Good luck!

Ads

12-09-2012, 11:05 AM

She doesn't like to hang out with you, and if you keep pushing, she won't want to have any contact with you. If she wanted to hang out, she would have - and why do you think that she 'owes' you an apology when she has been making excuses to avoid a confrontation with you? Sometimes being nice is confused with disrespect, but what would you rather have, her seem nasty by telling you that she just doen't want to hang out anymore?

People move on - some quicker than others like. It just happen in life. If you try to find other people to hag out with, it won;t matter as much. right now you are focused on your friend - try to focus on other things and other people and it won't be as important to you.