This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is meant by “LIKE” in facebook?
12-09-2012, 06:12 PM
What is meant by “LIKE” in facebook?
When I post any picture or any other comment on facebook, most people often “LIKE” my picture or comment. What does that “LIKE” mean there?

I have another question.

When someone gives comment on facebook to some particular person, he/she usually uses this symbol “@” at the beginning of his/her comment. What does this symbol mean?
Someone please help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 06:20 PM

Troll, much?

I like how people are answering him. If you look at his other questions--ell, there's only one other one, but still. It has to do with getting turned on by sniffing vinegar. And there are several of every question he posts. He wants to be entertained by the answer...er's stupidity. Including my own.

Ads

cant tell if he's trolling, or just really stupid

"LIKE" is simply like
@ may mean directed to YOU or @(at) YOU

like means you like it its good and. @ means at (Example- i am going @ your house) ( @=at)

"like" means they like ur picture and if they comment on the picture with "@"(ur name) , it means they told the words to YOU only.

Like Means they like that item say they like your picture that means they like it

If you are interested and inspire that a/c then you like, Like meaning is simply like

The ‘Like’ button lets a user share your content with one’s friends on Facebook. When a user clicks the Like button on your site, a story appears in the user's friends' News Feed with a link back to your website - which indicates that a connection has been made between your page and the user.
...Your page will then appear in the ‘Likes and Interests’ section of the user's profile, and you will get the link to publish your Updates in the user’s page.
Your page will also show up in ‘Search’es for the Facebook pages of those who like your content, and you can target messages to them as well.
The at sign (@), also called the ‘at’ symbol, is normally a shortened form of the accounting term used in commercial invoices, of "at the rate of" (e.g., 7 doughnuts @ $ 2 each = $ 14). In recent years its meaning has changed to also mean ‘at’ in the sense of ‘located at’, especially in email addresses. Increasingly, @ is also used as a prefix to user names (e.g., @username) on social websites including Facebook.