This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hard time making friends?
12-10-2012, 05:01 AM
Hard time making friends?
so it's really hard to make friends for me.
I am not like the other students in my school because they tend to curse and act all "cool"..they put on makeup and has extreme fashionable clothes.
I don't curse..ever. I don't like hearing cursing words.. I don't put makeup and have the most fashionable clothes ever.

I know everyone be friends with people based on attractiveness and looks instead of personality which I find personality important..

Nobody even seem to make an effort to talk to me ..it's like im being invisible!

I've been a loner for almost my entire jr high and high school life.
It just seem like everyone who becomes my friend, leaves me.

So im having a hard time making friends...is there a way to feel "good enough"?
@Love Peace Happiness: OMG I SING AND DANCE EVERYTIME TOO! Yep, that's what I do.
I tried showing some friends back then my singing and dancing but they just liked me for my hobbies and not my personality ..which is why im afraid to open up to people now..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2012, 05:09 AM

Attractiveness doesn't matter and if they don't like you for you they obviously have no standards and are not good people, you are good enough everyone is good enough for someone if you don't find any one with qualities then maybe you need to look harder, dig deeper. Try talking more and showing your talents, goals, and what you like. Talk to a random person in the lunch line communicate with everybody even if its just 'Hi'. I'm a very shy person but people seem to act like they enjoy my company there's going to be that group of bad people there's a group like that at my school, good luck.

Ads

I don't swear either! Smile It seems like everyone does, doesn't it? I have friends but I'm not very close with any of them. I don't call them and I don't go over their houses. I just hang out with them at school and occasionally chat with them on Facebook, but that's it. It sucks, and my sister pokes fun at my social life, because I really don't have one. I don't have expensive clothes, and people act surprised when I tell them that I don't own any Apple products, like an iPod. My phone is still prepaid. I don't wear make-up, and I don't act cool. I'm a total weirdo (I'm always singing and dancing). The point is you are not alone. I have a hard time making friends too. I think you are good enough, you don't have to change for anyone. But you have to practice your "icebreakers", aka conversation starters. Find someone you have a lot in common with, or compliment them, genuinely, of course. I think you'll meet someone. Big Grin

Be your self