This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Windows 8 a social networking OS and how to multitask on it?
12-10-2012, 05:11 AM
Is Windows 8 a social networking OS and how to multitask on it?
I installed Windows 8, it just seems like the new stuff is just internet sites like:
Weather
Easily share on Twitter
Easily check your Email
Check sport stats

It does not seem like a computer but a huge website that has a bunch of other websites.
Also how can you watch two videos or play two simple games in the same time with the new metro UI. I did not spend much time but I did not figure out of to split screen with the new UI?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2012, 05:19 AM

From the live tiles start page you should have a tile called 'Desktop' or something like that. click on it and it takes you back to the original windows 7 screen (minus the start button). to get back to the tiles hit the start key

Ads

12-10-2012, 05:19 AM

I'm personally having a hard time adapting to tiles and ended up using a 3rd party app called Pokki that adds the Windows 8 Start Menu back to the desktop. It also lets me pin my favorite sites apps directly to it so you can easily share on twitter, check email and sports stats. Try it for yourself, it's: http://www.pokki.com/