This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to approach girlfriend that has an addiction to her phone?
12-10-2012, 07:48 AM
How to approach girlfriend that has an addiction to her phone?
She has always been this way. She literally is always texting friends, facebooking, twittering, or doing God knows what on her phone constantly and its starting to aggravate me. She didnt used to be as bad but lately its like she cannot put the phone down. Even when we hang out shes constantly texting and messing around. Its like a serious issue.

What is a good way for me to tell her to please cut it out, atleast when around me. Id rather have her attention on me when we hangout, not half and half with a damn cell phone.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2012, 07:56 AM

ask her if you could have a phone free date - tell her it feels like your being ignored. this is a pet peeve of mine as well - good luck!

Ads

Just be honest with her. Tell her that you don't appreciate that she's always on her phone when she's with you. When you two are together, it should be special time where the focus of her attention is on you. If she doesn't understand or seem to appreciate where you're coming from, do the same thing to her. When she's at your house or wants to do something, play xbox or games or be on YOUR phone. If she feels what it's like to have that done to her, she will realize how it hurts and then she'll be able to think twice about it.

I have this problem with my girlfriend as well. I have found that it helps to tell her, "Hey let's put our phones away today and just pay attention to us being together." She's usually ok with it. Just tell her you want more attention than her phone. I told my gf that as well and I've noticed a decreased amount of phone time. Smile Good luck.

You could ask her to tape her phone to your head? Or you could just confront her about it. Tell her you're unhappy.