This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are your dating disasters?
12-10-2012, 03:49 PM
What are your dating disasters?
- I'm currently writing a story for a school project, I'd really like too know other peoples dating disasters? What you learn from them? And whether you still speak too them? Also good first dates would be appreciated too!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2012, 03:57 PM

Same guy:

E-mailed me on POF. Asked for a number, which I gave. He called me and left a message. I called him back, and we chatted. He asked me how my last relationship ended and I admit, I gave him an earful. In my own defense, I had just broken up with someone the week before and it was still fresh. The conversation went okay though. The next afternoon he called me again. We chatted for about twenty minutes and then he proceeded to start dissing the girl he'd talked to last night who was not over her ex. I thought he was joking at first, and I told him it was me and he kept insisting it wasn't. He said, "I called you and left your a voicemail." I said, "Yes, and I called you BACK." Long silence. Then he said, "Well, now you know not to talk about your ex." I said, "Well, you asked!"

It never went anywhere after this although we were friends on Facebook. Both of us were dating other people exclusively and then both our relationships ended. So we decided to go on a date, a year after the disastrous phone call. We made plans to ride bikes on a bike path in the area. I was excited. Anyway, I guess he thought I'd be prettier (although many other men have found me attractive) and didn't hide his disappointment, telling me I didn't look like any of my pictures on Facebook. Then he sighed and said, "You sounded good on the phone too," like I wasn't "good"! Then after that he asked me if I wanted to stop for an ice cream break. I said sure, but I hadn't brought any money. He sighed and said, "Ugh, all I have is ten dollars and I wanted to get an ice cream sundae and another bottle of water." When we stopped, I purposely order the cheapest thing they had...a lemon slushie ($1.25). After our bike ride was through, he offered to take me to a bike shop to look at bikes. Since usually that's a good sign, I thought maybe I'd misread his earlier disinterest. He then wanted to hang out with me after but I had to go. Before I left, he told me that if I ever wanted to ride bikes again to let him know. How bizarre is that? I emailed him thanking him for the date and he never answered. A few weeks later I sent him an email telling him about a biking event in the area and asking if he'd like to go with me. Honestly, I knew by then that he wasn't interested in me romantically, but I thought we could be friends since it would be nice to have a biking buddy. He didn't answer. After that I deleted him off Facebook.

I was bummed for a while, because it made me feel bad about myself. But, a month later I started dating another guy who was smoking hot and thought I was gorgeous, so I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And I should have known what an ass he was after that phone call.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply