This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I like alienated from society for not having a facebook?
12-11-2012, 05:12 AM
Am I like alienated from society for not having a facebook?
It seems like, if you don't have a facebook you cant like get a girlfriend and all that mess. Like everyone is depending on that thing. I feel like if people spent more time like planning for the future and not caring what all the kids in school think of them.

They could really make something of there life, but they waste it all on trying to look good for everyone else. Plus pointless drama, like the status that people post for attention its just really annoys me.

Yet people like constantly ask me to make a facebook. I'll pass. What do you think of society and facebook? Especially teenagers. I'm 15 by the way.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2012, 05:20 AM

That makes you the REAL cool, not the FAKE cool. Good for you!

Ads

Well, I myself do not trust facebook. I am an adult and I am constantly told that children and teenagers cannot get an account. Not true, I see teenagers having an account, but they're not supposed to, and I see dog owners opening an account for their dogs. Whatever, silly to me, but you can find someone in person alot better than you can on facebook. Why? Because you cannot see that person and you don't know if they're lying to you or telling you the truth. People are more sincere in person, not on the internet. So, good for you not having an account, believe me you are not missing anything. Sometimes you get a virus just clicking on a link on facebook-it is not safe on there.

Of course not. In fact, you're one of the very few that are simply amazing.

There's always going to be two differing views when it comes to society. Some will see that having a Facebook page/account is like breathing itself. If you want to do anything, you have to have one. Others see the idea of putting all of this "private" info out into the public arena as a serious issue.

Having never had a Facebook page/account, nor will I create one, I've been asked to set up one, by friends and family. I've just never seen the need to do so. I prefer to have true relationships with people that I meet directly, face to face, rather than online.

There is something that I have noticed recently. There seems to be a bit of a trend away from Facebook. Society is very fickle. When something becomes brand new, people want to have it. Then, they get it and later on, either they want the newest item, or they are bored with the concept. I don't have people asking me about having a Facebook account anymore. The only times I hear it mentioned is usually as part of a advertising commercial. (Lots of companies are using Facebook for free advertising.) Is this really the point of Facebook? I don't think so. I think some in society are becoming less impressed with having a Facebook page/account. More than likely, they are waiting for the next new thing to come around the corner.

I commend you for not having created a Facebook page/account. As a teenager, you seem to be head and shoulders above some others who like to put every single detail about themselves online. More than likely, as those individuals hopefully become more mature, they're going to realize some of the "dumb" things they used to do with Facebook. Looks like you won't have to worry about those types of mistakes.

Thats Not True you Can Get a Girl Friend Without having a Facebook who ever told you that is lieing to you and just trying to use that to get you to get a Facebook Not Everybody has one for the people that dont good for them a Lot of people are Addicted to Facebook