This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I be mad at my boyfriend?
12-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Should I be mad at my boyfriend?
My boyfriend and I have been going out for one year. I know this sounds like a petty argument, but there is a girl that he works with consistently touches him and flirts with him right in front of me and then rubs it in my face. If he would complain it would just stir up drama at work and I obviously don't want that to happen- plus then she'd know it was getting to me. However (here's the stupid part) He consistently re tweets her tweets (according to my friends) and when someone mentions me (I don't have a twitter), saying we have a double date or one in particular where someone said he was lucky to have me, he completely ignored it.. i know that sounds incredibly jealous but sometimes it hurts to be chosen beneath someone who so blatantly doesn't want us together... Should I be upset, or am I overreacting... Sorry, I know this sounds petty Sad
Also even if i shouldn't be upset... should I talk to him and just say that I'm not totally comfortable with him "following" her and always acknowledging the things she tweets... because I feel like if he wouldn't do that so much she might back off, at least a little..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2012, 08:44 AM

Where is your boyfriend right now?????

Ads

Just convert you anger to the weirdo who's flirting with taken men. Show your man some love. Everything will be fine. Good luck Smile

I would talk. Communicating is very important. I've been in a situation close to yours. The girl was ALL OVER him and I got very upset. I told him later on and he said he hadn't even realized it. Some guys are honestly that clueless. Tell him. If he loves you he'll do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable. And I'm the jealous type too. Dont beat yourself up. It is normalSmile

How is being mad/upset going to help you to sort this out? How do you know that she doesn't want you and your boyfriend to be together? Unless she tells him or you that she doesn't want you to be together, it's just something that you choose to believe. People can flirt without 'wanting' the person they're flirting with - for them it could just be harmless fun.

At the start of your relationship, did you and your boyfriend ever talk about what you can/can't do with other people? She wouldn't be flirting with him and touching him if he didn't allow it after all (this doesn't mean that he 'likes' it but he hasn't told her to stop so he's allowing it). It sounds like he may be encouraging her to keep flirting by paying attention to her tweets.

You may want to get clear with him about what the boundaries are in your relationship. Also, you may want to find a way to deal with the reasons behind your insecurities so that you can start feeling less jealous and more confident within yourself. I hope this helps!