This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is not having a facebook so suspicious to many people?
12-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Why is not having a facebook so suspicious to many people?
I keep coming across the articles saying how non facebook users are suspicious. Some of these articles done by news outlets like Forbes, not just silly Fox News and they reference psychology studies. They're also emphasizing that mass murderers didn't have any.

Then I come across people online who believe this theory very firmly.

I'm only worried about potential employers thinking I'm weird for not having one, not people in general who usually give me confused reactions.

What the heck? Is there a growing stigma for non-facebook users now?

I just want to filter out trivial updates about people and drama. When I log on to the internet, I want to have fun. Sure, it's nice to keep in touch with friends, but tons of people that I barely remember or were close to were sending me friends requests. I finally deleted mine after only logging on about four times.

I noticed that I'm just one of the many outgoing people who don't have one. I still get invited to college parties even though I grew out of them fast. Most non-facebook users I know are really outgoing.

So just because it's really popular, people who don't jump on the bandwagon on freaks? Again, I'm only really worried about employment; if I was worried about my reputation I would have kept mine.
I read that some employers are suspicious of non-facebook users.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2012, 10:48 AM

First of all any serious employer will not check you out on Facebook! That's ridiculous.

Well probably because Facebook is for being social basically and that's how many crazy people are weirded out if you don't have one.

A murderer would not have one because then people would know about them.

Honestly i'm pretty tired about having over three hundred friends on there and rarely do I get a text from even two of them. Its overrated and i'm deleting mine as soon as I save my pictures elsewhere.

Ads

12-11-2012, 10:48 AM

Maybe just for the reason of not being social? You know, people these days, if they don't post what they had for dinner and what movie they're watching later, people will just think its suspicious just to not stay in touch. The world will never know to be honest. Hoped I helped.