This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How should i address someone i don't know over facebook that i would like to be friends with?
12-12-2012, 03:38 AM
How should i address someone i don't know over facebook that i would like to be friends with?
I want to be friends with someone that goes to my school, i have wanted to talk to them but i have gotten nervous at the last minute and i just walk away. I am on summer holiday and i would like to talk to him over facebook, how would i go by of addressing him. Remember, i dont know him at all.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 03:46 AM

Hmm, that's a toughie. In my opinion there's no such thing as awkwardness (that's fancy for "self-consciousness"), but there are different levels of vulnerability you can open up to. You can go for the joyful approach, requesting them and messaging something simple like, "You seem cool. Be my Facebook friend Big Grin"--that's worked for me in a situation similar to yours. You can just request with no message. In my opinion the best thing is to just send a message and say, "Hey, I'm ___. I've seen you around but haven't gotten to talk to you. What are you up to this summer?" You always run the risk of being rejected, but the sad thing is that it just happens. \: That's no reason not to try, though. Things could turn out really well. Good luck!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply