This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need advice with a girl, please help?
12-12-2012, 03:57 AM
Need advice with a girl, please help?
So I’ve known that I’m a lesbian since high school, and I’ve been in love with the same girl for the past year. The problem is that she claims to be straight as a pole. But my gaydar goes haywire anytime I see her or think about her (I have a freak in accurate gaydar). She doesn’t have a problem with gay people, when I told her I was a lesbian, she said it was “cute”... I really think that she is gay, or at least bisexual… I mean there are telltale signs, like the short hair, Doc martens, lesbian sandals like the ones in Modern Family, Tegan & Sara, and she likes lots of movies where homosexuality is present… oh, and pictures of half-naked girls on facebook and so on. When it comes to me, we are good friends, we talk, sometimes she touches my arm, or shoulder, and holds eye contact for a very long time. But sometimes she is very distant, and avoids all kind of contact. It’s like she’s running away from me, but that can’t be, since there are times when she’s very friendly, and all clingy… Today I asked her about this, and she told me it's not my fault, but for a while she was kind of suspecting that I like her, and got confused (well, that didn't stop her from being touchy-feely sometimes). I lied to her, and told her it's not true, and she said that her answer would be "no" anyway... But all that time she was very flustered, and all shy and smiling and looking at her feet and fidgeting... So my question is, is there a chance that she likes me? Maybe she doesn't realize, or denies it... is this possible?
Please help Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 04:05 AM

hmmm, u gotta remember that ur looking at this through ur lenses of HOPE... u want her to be bi... but that doesnt mean she isnt. its really hard to tell just from the comments though since, sorry to say, they arent totally objective.

but, if i forget all that then yes, id say theres a slight chance... shes being very ambiguous. have you ever been like "have u ever wanted a girl just for fun'?

just read over the last part again... no sorry i dont think she likes u that way.... she was flustered because she was uncomfortable, and she already said no.

Ads

It sounds like she is in denial. She can't admit to herself that she might be gay. This girl probably doesn't want to admit it to herself or her parents. I may be young but I know a lot of high school going through the same thing. This one girl was "in the closet" for a year. She had been going out with my brother for a long time. Then one day she had been babysitting me and went in my brothers room. I could hear through the door when she told him. He was okay with it now they are best friends. Some people deny it because they are afraid of what others might think. She needs that sense that she'll always have someone to fall back on in case something goes wrong. Now I'm guessing she thinks people will turn their back on her once they find out. Give her the chance to admit it to herself. She might stay "in the closet" but still be going out with you. It isn't you it might be insecurity or she has family that make rude comments about lesbians. Give her some more time, she'll come around

I would say anything, really, is very possible. Could it be that you are misinterpreting how she is behaving? Maybe the flustered-ness is because she's nervous? And god knows, I smile a whole ton when I'm nervous. Maybe she's the same? Of course, there is also the chance that you ARE actually getting it right and she's in denial. I would say talk, talk, TALK to her. Bring out every single thing. Clear up everything. You said you talked to her today, but it seems like you left out a lot that you could have talked about. You could have brought up the fact that you thought she seemed flustered and that she was smiling and shy. So, talking would be the way to get. However, prepare your heart for emotional fluctuation, I would say. Just in case, ya know.
Hope I helped. Smile