This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What can I do about my dad constantly asking to see my facebook?
12-12-2012, 08:35 PM
What can I do about my dad constantly asking to see my facebook?
I've shown it to him before but then he has a million more questions- Show me this person's facebook! What is that application? Who is that person? Show me all of their pictures. Who wrote on their facebook? How do you know them?

And once I show him he never leaves, I'm not about to leave and just let him get on my facebook and do all kinds of things. I'm almost 17 years old and completely mature! I add only my real friends on facebook and I don't put my address or phone number on there, why can't he just trust me??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 08:43 PM

Tell him to make his own lol

Ads

im sure he trusts you, but he doesnt trust other folks, and rightly so. lots of pedophiles on the internet. i guess all you can do is talk to him about it, and be mature when you do so.

Ask him to see his bank statement every time he asks you to see your facebook, tell him it is deeply personal, tell him to make his own.

Tell him to go away.

he loves you, and is worried you may fall into the trap that 100s of other have fallen into, instead of waiting for him to check on your work invite him to comment on different articles that may pop up on your page, ask him for advice, remember he might be wanting to learn as much as you. you can still be in control

He's just being a protective parent, at least he's not one of the 73% who break into their kids accounts secretly.
Maybe encourage him to make his own, then he can see its not full of peadoo's and is a great socializing tool, my Step-dad joined nad has hooked up to loads of old school mate's, and he uses it to hook up with work.
Also if he joins it makes it easier to see what you are doing, without having to be too obtrusive.
It'll be great for both of you, so suggest it next time he asks, explain the benifites, encourage him to join, maybe start settign him up an account as your making your case, and viola, he can keep an eye on you , and you can facebook in peace.

Make a decoy facebook page. Thats what I have ahah. Works like a charm. It is like deticated to reading books and watching the science channel ahah. he is just being a worried parent though.

Haha, my parents both do the same thing, although usually its my mom Smile I usually just show her my list of friends and then I pass them all really quickly. Usually she gets confused after that and she just kinda gets annoyed by it Smile But really, if your dad doesn't do this, just tell him you're kinda busy right now and you'll show him some other time (and maybe he will forget).

Parents really don't understand what goes on in facebook. After you show him how facebook works ask him to open his own account to find out more. One learns best by doing. Also explain to him that yes there are people that solicite sex on line but you and your friends don't fall for that crap. That is what he wants to hear. Also explain that all those horror stories about kids running away with strangers are kids who are looking for strangers they can run away with. Most kids don't want to run away and cannot be talked into doing so. That is what he wants to hear. That should remove most of his concerns. Also tell him that your facebook is your private world and he should respect that.