This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's new about apple IOS 5?
12-12-2012, 09:37 PM
What's new about apple IOS 5?
I mean the new features that impressed you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 09:45 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version...OS_release

Ads

12-12-2012, 09:45 PM

well there's a couple big main features such as Notification Center, Twitter, lock screen camera and more. Here's how they work.

Notification center is like an android. You slide down on the top of your screen and it shows your weather, stocks, and notifications you haven't opened or seen yet. You can get pretty much anything in Notification center like Facebook, Email, Game center and whole bunch more. And you can either put the notifications in order for example whenever I get a new notification, I want facebook then email then twitter to in order on the top. Or you can do it by time which whenever you get a new notification it will be on the top by the time you got it. For example (___) told you whats up on facebook at 10:43am. Its on the top of your notification center menu. Then at 11:05 (___) texts you asking for the movies later tonight, then that will be now on the top. Its great to see/store your notifications.

Twitter, I'm not a huge twitter guy Im more on facebook. But twitter is integrated in iOS 5 which i find pretty awesome. You can take a snap shot of this car, and you want to post it on twitter. So act like you want to sms the photo or email it, now twitter is an option. Click twitter and it pops up with your photo and the location you want to put and your post/typing and click send. Now its on your twitter without using twitpic and all that trouble. Its neat!

Lock screen photo/camera is where you double tap the home button during lock screen. Pretty simple. Like your going to change a song or play a song you know but now theres a little camera button by the slider and you can click that and takes you straight to your camera without unlocking and all that trouble. I use it allot for a quick snapshot I need to do lol. But thats not all, you can now edit your photo using one touch enhance, red eye and cropping! It's now like a mini iPhoto in your mobile device! Works for ipod touch,iphone,ipad.

There are allot more features in this software update but to be honest there's no way theres 200 new features. just no way! I mainly notification, camera and thats basically it. Its worth the update thats for sure but I dont think its a jaw dropper. Apple got us over excited! I was panicking when I kept getting errors but once it worked. I spent all day using the features but now It's just like any average update. If you want all the info. including video by apple Click this link below,

http://www.apple.com/ios/ - features

http://www.apple.com/ios/gallery.html#video-ios - Video

Hope I helped you and gave you some info! Smile