This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook question: Why, just *WHY*, Facebook?
12-13-2012, 05:31 AM
Facebook question: Why, just *WHY*, Facebook?
I don't get what is so good about facebook, am I missing something?
What is so good about Facebook? I don't see it, and actually, I never have been able to see it. When I've asked people before they've given me really balls answers. Some said it's because facebook is more mature, and myspace is for the 'emo' kids, and that bebo is for (again) 'emo kids' and 'babies'. Honestly, if that's your why you like Facebook your stupid, because neither MySpace nor Bebo are 'emo' or babyish in any way at all, but that opinion IS childish. If you want an 'emo' networking ite go to ZombieFreaks or VampireFreaks.
I know why people say facebook is 'mature', though. It's because it's depressing. Yeah, I said it. Facebook is depressing. I has absolutely no color, and no no way to personalize your profile (ahem, sorry, 'wall'). Blue and white is just too boring. Mature does not equal boring, and honestly only chilish people think that.
Myspace and bebo are great. You can update your status like facebook, and you have a lot more room to write about you. There are better and more modules, and they are more simple than facebook. OH, AND TO TOP IT OFF!!! The most annoying thing about facebook:

FarmVille is just SH*T. It's annoying, boring, and all around rubbish. All of facebooks games and apps are. So I just don't get it, is there something I'm missing?
Ha! I just realized how long the question is. Sorry! Whenever I get into a debate about facebook I always end up on a rant, hehe.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2012, 05:39 AM

not all of the people say that facebook is good
Actually not even the 3% of those who are using similar sites
You do not like it, then you do not follow it and further more you do not losing your time mention it and the problem it causes

Ads

Then don't use it. It wasn't created for people like you anyway.

People use Facebook since it's easier to find friends through friends that they are already connected to and the network that they joined. A pop-up window appears with a profile picture, part of the list of mutual friends, and "Add as friend" and "Send a message" link, whenever they mouse-over someone's name, which makes it easier to identify who the person is in case they are wondering.

It is also because of its simplicity. Most people who use Facebook don't like the "creativity" of Myspace profiles since they often have flickering, over-eye-candy, and annoying backgrounds and are confusing to find what they are looking for, at times.

Facebook has pulse-notification pop-up feeds that appear at the top of the window of any Facebook page, while Myspace does not have that feature except auto-updating feeds on the homepage.

Facebook's chat system is also genuine compared to Myspace. Facebookers have an option to add each friend to a certain "Friends List" that they can create, for example, "College Friends", "Workplace Friends", and so on. They can also "offline" a friends list when they don't feel like chatting with the friends in that list.

I too find FarmVille very pointless but arcade games on Facebook have rankings of friends, which allows Facebookers to compete with other friends in obtaining a higher score.