This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is Twitter? Can someone explain it to me?
12-13-2012, 07:59 PM
What is Twitter? Can someone explain it to me?
I hear the word Twitter all over the news. I typed it in my search box and it brought me to a website, that just says SEARCH, but I dont know what to search for, because I don't know what twitter is. Can anyone explainit to me? thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2012, 08:07 PM

just google "wikipedia" followed by whatever thing you need information about:

Use this link for an explanation of Twitter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter

Ads

Twitter is a Micro-Blogging website. Identi.ca is another one, I think it's better.

You can view everybody's commnts in a 'public timeline' - it's not private, but rather your comments are 'broadcast' for everyone to see.

It's similar to using 'Instant Messaging' but very different - because comments are open, and you can search to see how many people in the world are talking about 'Jackson' by doing a search for this word.

You generally view only comments or information from accounts that you choose to follow. This means if you only have one friend, then you will only see your friend's comment. It's like a turbocharged facebook with less complications.

Micro blogging is a form of multimedia blogging that allows users to send brief text updates or media such as photos or audio clips and publish them, ...

Twitter, Face book, Bebo, they are all social networking sites. You have a user name and password then you Log on to their site and invite your friends to log on too and write write a load of irrelevant rubbish, Like what they are doing right now. Or you can post all your holiday snaps so everybody can see them. The excitements to much to handle, bet you cant wait !!!!!
it getting to a point where even children think it uncool to be a member

go the manufacture

It's a website where you post updates about what you're doing or things you're thinking about. It's like a very short, quick blog that you can access from your phone or where-ever!

If someone likes your updates or "tweets", they can follow you, and your updates get sent to them.

If you like someone's updates, such as a celebrity, then you can follow that person and their updates are sent to you.

You can reply to people about topics or questions, and tweet celebrities. Sometimes they reply back!