This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
School admin sees what I am doing on the computer. How can I stop it?
12-13-2012, 09:55 PM
School admin sees what I am doing on the computer. How can I stop it?
Please help.
On the last day of school about a week ago, I got a free period on computers due to it being the last day. I took this opportunity to play Counter Strike at school. I soon got a message from the school admin saying that it was banned. I happily got off the game as there shooting and stuff, so I went on Mario. I was then remotely logged off by the admin. I got in trouble from my teacher, who was telling me to stop going on the computer because he was scared that he'd get a bad reputation. Mario is not violent at all, so I was confused. I immediately logged back on and went 9gag, having fun looking at funny posts with my friends, until the school admin sent me a message saying 'This is not appropriate for class time'. I got really mad as we had free time, yet the admin didn't know and kept warning me. My teacher got angry with me again, and said that we'd never have a free period ever again, thanks to me. I was super mad then, because the admin kept warning me and logging me off while everybody else in the class was playing games like Sonic and Meatboy. I want to find a way to stop the admin from seeing what I am doing. Please help!!!
@Gardner
As I mentioned we had a free period, so we were allowed to do whatever we want. I don't want to sit there for a full hour watching others playing games without getting ratted out while I'm getting caught every 5 minutes. Btw, as a lower year level, I only get 1 free period a term (last period of last day of term)
@James
Thank you for your help. Might want to wait for other answers though.
@t12_incomplete
It is the schools computer and internet. I'm just wondering if there is a way though. As I mentioned it was a free period so I wanted to do something fun. Our own teacher even gave us permission to play the games.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2012, 10:03 PM

You can't. Those files are either (a) stored in the laptop's registry where students have no access to, or (b) the program is on the district's network. In either case, you can't get rid of it.

Ads

Stop using the schools computers. Problem solved. Public tax dollars do NOT provide those computers for you to play games on. They are for learning & research, neither of which you were doing.

If it their computer, their network, their rules and you probably signed something to that effect when you were ginven the laptop, so to save being wxpelled, play their game. Different, but similar if it is your personal PC but their internet?

hmm...I remember in my highschool, all sites, or a good majority of them that were deemed 'inappropiate' were blocked, like facebook. Internet access were limited and everything but it wasn't as if you couldn't find anything to do.

Srry though, you can't stop the admin from seeing wha you're doing. They're suppose to see what you're doing >,< However, i guess you're school's computer system is different from mine's. We did not get notifications like you did. (perhaps it's because our sites were blocked?)

I took a typing class my senior year and needless to say there was a lot of free time. The teacher had no problem wih us playing as long as we were done with our assignments. He did say no shooting games or killing games if a staff walked in. I think a month or two into the year though, the school notified him saying there was too much 'playing' time. (the hours he classes spent on the internet were too much) and that we had to stop. So we only had free days on Friday for the last 30 mins. Since i had mine first period, i didn't mine, time for hw i didn't fnish XD

However, if yur admin was warning you, the best thing you could've done was prolly to just move off of that site, even if it seems harmless or appropiate. I'm sure there are other sites you could've tried.

There prolly are ways to get through the school system, but really, the time that you get on the internet at school isn't really worth it in my opinion.