This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can a principle send you to detention for posting the password to one of their computers on Facebook?
12-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Can a principle send you to detention for posting the password to one of their computers on Facebook?
At my school we can bring home our laptops and someone told me the password to the teacher account which only unblocks every application on the computer that would otherwise be blocked and I posted the password on Facebook, the next day my principle brought me into his office and showed me screenshots somebody took of my post. I didn't bother to ask who took the picture, but I've heard stories of people suing for things such as this. So can he do it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2012, 11:43 PM

No, but a principal can.

Ads

well your releasing security information soooo.... lol
i about brought down 10 computers in high school, bypassing the firewall and let TONS of viruses in. i didnt care, wasnt my computer, BUT i almost had to pay for them all and it opened up their sensitive info. so my words of advise... keep the password to yourself next time Wink

i'll tell you the sad truth about schools they're pretty much totalitarian regimes sure you have some constitutional rights but other then that they can do basically whatever they want if it is in relation to school (which this clearly was).

why would you risk posting a password on facebook when your friends could just download the free program ophcrack and get the password themselves or download the free even better (though harder to use) program cain and abel and then run cain off a usb to crack all the passwords stored on one of these computers... with the appropriate consent of course otherwise it would be illegal and something i would never condone