This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Project ideas for breaking a social norm?
12-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Project ideas for breaking a social norm?
For my psychology class I have to defy a social norm. It can't be illegal or dangerous. Any ideas?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2012, 10:43 AM

- Dress as your opposite gender
- Wear revealing/sparkly clubbing clothes during the day
- Ask people about subjects they would not usually talk about, e.g. sex/illness

Ads

(1) Cut into the middle of a line by yourself; stay in line for at least 2 minutes.

(2) Ask someone you don't know for his/her seat in a public place (e.g., at the commons or in the library); stay in the seat for at least 2 minutes.

(3) Acting otherwise completely normally, hold hands with a same-sex friend (who is "in" on the project) while you walk across campus.

(4) Surprise 3 of your same-sex friends with a kiss on the cheek.

(5) Applaud at the end of a cashier ringing up your groceries at a market.

(6) Before one of your classes begins, go around the classroom and shake hands with at least 8 people; say "good morning (afternoon)" to them or use other words to welcome them to class today.

(7) Wear unusual clothing to class or another public place (e.g., your bunny slippers to church; your hooded sweatshirt on backwards).

The class before me had to do this and I know that one of the Girls in the class along with a couple other people had a picnic in the mall. They went all out and had a blanket with a basket and everything.