This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do people find you on twitter?
12-14-2012, 11:17 PM
How do people find you on twitter?
People keep following me from Facebook, but I don't have them on MSN and they don't know my email or anything so, how are they following me? The person who has, hasn't even tweeted or anything yet?
Thanks for the answer. If I block them, will it tell them? Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2012, 11:25 PM

Twitter works differently from Facebook or LinkedIN. You can search for people by name and choose to follow them simply by clicking follow. You don't need their email address or any private information to find you and follow you. Further, everything that you post on Twitter is public. Anybody who's looking at the public feed can see your posts. If I were to search for Golden Retrievers, for example, I will see every post by anybody who created a post with the words Golden Retrievers, whether I follow them or not. Further, I can choose to follow anybody who's post I find in my search results and there's not a lot you can do about it.

But... you can always block anybody who has chosen to follow you that you don't want to follow you.

And if all that's not bad enough, when you first join Twitter, Twitter makes suggestions (seemingly random) of who you should follow. I discover several people on a regular basis choosing to follow me on Twitter from this random suggestion process on Twitter.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply