This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can Someone Please Explain Facebook To Me?
12-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Can Someone Please Explain Facebook To Me?
I have a myspace,but i think i'm gonna make a facebook(i'm 15)
I know nothing about facebook,but i would like someone to explain the basics and maybe not compare,but you can use things from myspace to help explain things.
Could someone please explain things,facebook seems foreign to me
Sorry if this is a complete stupid Q

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2012, 02:24 AM

for me its just the same. u can upload picture, communicate with other people, etc. i think the difference is for facebook we have to be a friend first then we can see each other profile, while on myspace we can see other people profile eventho we're not a friend of them. hope that helps! Smile

Ads

That's definitely not a stupid question. Everyone that has a Facebook went through the same thing of figuring it out. Compared to MySpace, Facebook is really simple. Most of the things are self-explanatory or include easy-to-follow directions. Don't be afraid to explore every link Smile

When you finish the process of creating an account, the Home link (top left) will take you to a page that will show all your friends' status updates (kind of like in MySpace), if they've added new pictures to their profile, or how they're doing in any particular game. You can also Become a Fan of a group, such as an activity, band, or celebrity. Their status updates will also appear on your Home page. (If you don't want to receive those updates, there is a Hide drop-down box button that will appear on the right side of the status. If you change your mind, the link to do so is at the bottom and it'll say something like "Show 3 Hidden Posts". (The number is arbitrary.)

Next to the Home button is the Profile button that will take you to your profile (as how other people view it). This makes it easy to see any comments people leave on your profile, a.k.a. your Wall tab, and any other miscellaneous updates. The tabs next to Wall will be Info (any personal information you wish to give out), Photos (which will include tagged photos as well as your own albums), then Boxes (which include any apps you added). You can add more tabs as you wish, but those are the basics.

Next to the Profile button is the Friends button. This is pretty obvious, as it will show all the friends you have and it will provide suggestions of other Facebook users that they might be your friend as well. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

Next to the Friends button is the Inbox button. This is where you can read and respond to any email you've received. To send an email, go to that person's profile and the link to send them a message is just underneath their default profile picture.

A bit farther to the right will be your name, this link also takes you to your profile page.

After your name, there is a Settings button. That will lead to you being able to edit your profile in *many* different ways. This is fun to explore because you can do silly things like change your language to Pirate English.

Finally, there is the Logout button. Then the search box. Both, I think, are pretty obvious and easy to use.

At the bottom of the page there is a messenger system set up (like on Myspace, except better) where you can see which of your friends are online and a chat box will open if you click on their name.

Next to that, on the right, will show your Notifications. If there are any new ones, a red box with number (as to *how* many new notifications you have) will appear ontop of it. Notifications are anything that pertain to you, personally. For example, someone wrote something on your Wall, someone commented on a status that you also commented on, someone commented on a picture with you in it, etc.

I think you'll like Facebook, when you get used to the basics. After that, like I said, don't be afraid to explore Smile

Hope that helped.

myspace is a little bit like facebook its where u can talk to your friends and add pics of your friends or pics of u