This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how would i go about finding a buyer for some very expensive jewelry?
12-15-2012, 08:38 AM
how would i go about finding a buyer for some very expensive jewelry?
I have a 4K canary diamond, a woman's rolex watch, and some rings I want to sell. I think a private buyer would get me the best prices. what are my options for notifying buyers of this calibur? are there consignment jewelry stores in beverly hills or something like that that assist sellers?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2012, 08:46 AM

E-bay.....my husband does quite well with jewelry like that...you do pay a fee...

Ads

You could always contact a private auction house. Or just go the route and sell it on Ebay, set your own price and then just deal with the shipping.
One thing to realize is this, jewelry shops or private sellers are in this business to make money, which in the end means you make less when you sell through or to them.
You can even place an ad in the local or national papers to sell jewelry or even hold a private auction of the items yourself if you want to make top dollar.

i think at the moment,a jewllers would not be the best place to go simply because they dont give u the best prices.
you would be better to look for private buyers especially if they are in good shape,christmas is coming youd be surprised how many people are looking for bargains with the recession.
stephen .IRELAND

Probably the best way is to put it on as many shopping sites as you can find. Ebay is a great one. Going to a jewelry store may lower the amount of $ you get for it, so try the private sellers first.
http://twitter.com/brilliancecorp