This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What kind of degree could I get for Social Studies or History?
12-15-2012, 09:54 AM
What kind of degree could I get for Social Studies or History?
I am a sophomore in high school and I have been wondering what kind of degree I could get for Social Studies or history.And also what kind of career choices?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2012, 10:02 AM

Well, you can get a general or specific bachelors in either, it really depends on the offerings of the college you choose.

In today's job market, those degrees are not highly or moderately valued, so, if you're going to do it, you can expect to encounter a lot of trouble in job hunting. Essentially, you would be kind of forced into getting a Masters of PhD to attempt for a teaching position (because a degree in these two subjects is not a teaching degree for K-12 at all). Then you would encounter the highly competitive world of professorships, which are overflowing with these two subjects.

Be careful with this one. Normally I would be all for, "Do what you love," but in this economy, you run real risks of ending up jobless and in serious debt.

My advice, get your major in something really useful and do your minor in history, then you can study what you love, but feel better about your job choices.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply