This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am new to facebook. Help?!?!?
12-15-2012, 10:50 AM
I am new to facebook. Help?!?!?
I have a facebook account. I usually just use myspace which I know how to use easily. I have no idea what the point of facebook even is. Is it just to play games and take quizzes and stuff? And also is the "what's on your mind" bar like the status thing on myspace? What is a wall? how do you write on someone elses wall? Basically I need to know anything and everything about facebook. More of my friends have facebook then myspace, so I am trying to learn to use it but I am soooo confused. Can anyone help me out and explain please. Oh and what are clubs and stuff?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2012, 10:58 AM

Facebook is a social networking site. You create a user page (your profile), and can customize it with random apps (including games and quizzes).

The "what's on your mind" is just your status. The wall is where other people just post or write things. You can just drop by to say hello or even post youtube videos, flickr photos, etc. Whatever you would like to paste onto their wall. To write on a person's wall, just visit their profile page, then write in the box above their wall.

The rest, such as fan pages, groups, clubs, are just additional tags you identify yourself with. You can join a sushi group if you love it, or if you're a fan of Manchester United soccer for example, you can "become a fan" by joining the fan page.

Ads

I share your confusion. To me, Facebook is a conglomoration. A wall is your own space. I wish I could be more informative, but I'm as much in the dark as you. I even have trouble logging on. They really need to streamline it so it makes more sense. Although I have people wanting to be my "friend" on Facebook, some of them I've never even heard of. If I were you, I'd stick to what's tried and true and familiar. Maybe you can get your friends over to Myspace.

no its not jus to play game, wats on ur mind..yes it is like a status. wall is basically showin u comments or things ppl send u. u clik da profile and write in the box and then post it. theres facebook chat and fan pages and groups u can join. jus fiddle with it and you'll understand rlly fast

The point of facebook is basically the same as myspace - to interact with your friends. However, you can still play games as many people do. The thing that says 'whats on your mind' Is a status update like in myspace but in facebook its called a 'post' and people can comment that. For example your post or status update mightbe "going to the zoo Smile" And a friend of yours might comment it saying "have fun!!" and you can comment back. A wall is someones profile. You can comment on peoples walls which is the same as sendingsomeone a oment on myspace. In the bottom right corner of the screen on facebook is your notifications. This tell you if someone has sent you a comment on your wall or if someone accepted a friend request or if someone commented on your post ect. When you click home the 'News Feed' is a list of peoples status's and things they have done recently like joined a group. Group are just fun things you can join if you find them funny or whatever.. Thats the same as 'becoming a fan' of something. You can also send privaate messages through your inbox like myspace. I think thats about it but you can email me if you need anymore help because I will be glad to help Smile And dont worry once you use it facebook is really easy.

I was the same way when I first joined. Keep using it. The more you use it, the more you'll get it. Yes; the "whats on your mind" box is your status. your wall displays whatever you write on your status and comments, pics, videos, or whatever group you join, or friend you add. (It shows everthing you do) You can write on your friends' wall by going to their page and writing what you want in the box. Hope this helps.

basically i need to know anything and everything about facebook