This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What kind of laptop runs many applications at once?
12-15-2012, 01:48 PM
What kind of laptop runs many applications at once?
I need a laptop that can run many applications at once. I usually use, facebook (and applications on facebook like farmville), itunes, skype, play music, surf the internet and play spider solitaire all at the same time. What should I be looking for when shopping for a laptop?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2012, 01:56 PM

High Ram, Dual core above 2. 5 any quad core.Basically look for a gaming laptop. They tend to have the best of the best. Gaming laptops are optimized for gaming which is the most strenuous thing you can do on a computer. Most laptops will still have trouble doing all these at once. Good luck with your choice

Ads

Something that takes a lot of RAM and if you get over 4 gig then it should have a 64 bit XP or Windows 7.

pretty much any laptop is great at multi tasking as long as it has a nice processor.

but that being said the laptop needs to have a sufficient amount of memory to run and hold all the various applications running at once.

not enough ram for applications = lag and time outs.

so ideally you'd want to shop for a laptop with at LEAST 2048MB(2GB) of ram if not 3072MB(3GB) or more.

a processor above 2.4Ghz would also help out alot. but the memory would be the most important choice if your really wanting to do great multi tasking.

I have 4196MB and can open hundreds of Chrome windows and not experiance much lag, but im on a super gaming computer Tongue

I video card of some sort would also help. try and steer away from Graphics units called "intel GMA". while they aren't super terrible, they arn't helping anything out, and movie playback or games can lag quite a bit with a GMA series chip.

preferebly (if its in your budget) look for a laptop with a Nvidia or ATi video card, as that will help your performance quite a bit, most often not for much more dough.

but #1 get a laptop with alot of ram.

Hope that helps you out some.

Any brand with a dual or quad core processor and 4 gig of ram

Well, if you play games you need a laptop with good graphic card.