This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do americans love blaming themselves? Agree?
10-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Why do americans love blaming themselves? Agree?
I always see them saying 'we americans are lazy, obese, ignorant blah blah...'
And when it comes to disussing pearl harbour which is trending on twitter now, I've noticed not only now but a long time ago that americans will say it's their fault, they bombed hiroshima and nagasaki. How is it america's fault? Japan attacked pearl harbour 1st. And usa dropped 2 atomic bombs because japan refused to stop their invasion of Asia. Thanks to usa, they withdrew or more people would be killed by japs. Plus japs killed 300k just in nanking, china alone and invaded lots of asian countries. But till this day they refuse to admit the war and their government & people visit their ' war hero' shrine every year. So why are u guys blaming yourselves on twitter now?(if u don't know what i mean go check out on twitter)
America saved China, korea, manchuria, singapore, malaysia etc!
@x

Killing civilians is not how a war should be fought but usa don't have to blame themselves because japan also killed 300000 civilians just in nanking, china alone and tortured lots of people

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2012, 12:24 PM

China, korea, manchuria, singapore, malaysia? the us were allied with the japs in wwii

Ads

I still don't think the bombing of Hiroshima was right. Also, you're using the term "Japs" which indicates that you have a problem with them, or you're just old. Anyway, everyone else picks on Americans...I think it looks better if we poke fun at ourselves.

Thank you. You are so right. I don't use twitter, but blame the modern educational system for teaching REVISED history. If they watched the History Channel they would get better information than they do in their schools.

I think that people sometimes forget the motivations of the past. I also think that people are so wrapped up in being "politically correct" and not trying to offend anyone, that they do not want to consider that the things they say demean the sacrifices of our troops. Do you think that WWII vets felt like Hiroshima and Nagasaki were mistakes? No. They do not. Some people need to read more.

There is actually some evidence (not proof) that the president actually was baiting the Japanese (if you did not know "ja*ps" is like saying "nig*ger", probly should not say it or type it) by embargoes on oil and stuff. He wanted to get involved in the European war, that is known, and this may have given him the excuse, still it is controversial. Not saying though that the outcome of our involvement was not good...

The main difference is that the Japanese bombed a US naval base. The US military dropped atomic bombs on civilian cities, killing over 100,000 civilians, with long lasting consequences. It was unnecessary. The people who say otherwise are neoconservatives seeking to justify US foreign policy. The US could drop nuclear weapons on the Middle East today and I have no doubt in my mind that there'd still be Americans making up excuses for it 50 years from now.

In addition, the US had cut off fuel and economic supplies to Japan prior to it, and they knew full well what type of government Japan had at the time. So it's a lot deeper than Japan deciding to randomly bomb the US navy.

A lot of Americans don't know anything about history in general, let alone their own history and being the only nation that has deployed atomic weapons kind of looks bad on the face of it. Every time an official apology is suggested though, the majority voice is a resounding negative. What you are seeing is a very vocal minority probably too young to remember the actual events and largely ignorant of any of the circumstances leading up to it.

You're hilarious. Americans don't blame themselves enough. How is it our fault we dropped a nuke on civilians? Um...because we dropped a nuke on civilians. We didn't have to respond with a nuke. We didn't nuke Hitler.