This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help Virus/Phishing? Rift Online?
12-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Help Virus/Phishing? Rift Online?
Hi i was browsing this website yesterday about Rift Online it was there official website but ive recived this email but i dont no if it is legit or not.

Dear mattycarberry

Congratulations! You have successfully created your Trion Worlds ™ account. Please click the link below to verify the email address associated with your account:

-----------------------------

Please keep this email for your records. If you ever forget your account name or password, you can recover them at: https://rift.trionworlds.com

Your account name ----------------------------- (Blanking out for personal reasons just in case)

Never share your account name and password with anyone. Trion Worlds employees and staff will never ask you for your password.

Thank you for joining the Trion community! For the latest news, discussions, and announcements, make sure to bookmark these pages:
Forums: forums.RIFTgame.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RIFTgame
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/RIFTgame

Sincerely,
Trion Worlds

This is a service email related to your use of Trion Worlds games and/or services. To learn more about Trion's use of personal information, please read our Privacy Policy.
Trion Worlds is located at 303 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 500, Redwood City, CA 94065.

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

The email has proper banner and everything and it seems like a legit email but my AVG blocks me opening it further and says "WARNING PHISHING" also i have another email from them in my spam saying Rift Account Investigation.

Ive NEVER created a rift account and how have the got hold of a Account name in my email address that i clearly havent created

Please help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2012, 01:44 AM

Delete delete delete. If you've never created a Rift account you answered your own question already. Even if you never use your email address to register in websites, etc., if any of your friends or family has your email address on their address books, there is a an extremely high possibility that any of them can get your email address compromised. A lot of people are not particularly careful by keeping their antivirus/adware/firewalls up to speed. Additionally, even if they do, there is always a chance that a hacker may obtain the information by other means. No email account is 100% hack proof, no matter how good you may be in keeping up with your personal online security.

Ads

12-16-2012, 01:44 AM

Delete this email mark it as junk.