This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
website to write my own stories?
12-16-2012, 02:49 AM
website to write my own stories?
I wanna use my own characters. Don't say fanfiction,writersbeat,wattpad etc. A website where i can make friends. Sign up for free, and no facebook, twitter ect. To sign up and can write about any genre.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2012, 02:57 AM

quizzila.com is great. I read a lot of stories on there, and most of them are actually not bad, considering teens wrote them.

And I know you don't want anyone to say fanfiction.net, because you want to use your own characters, but you can actually write original stories on there, too. It's not only fanfictions.

scribd.com might not be as great, since it is mostly for reading stories, not writing, I wouldn't suggest it first, but it's definitely an option.

Ads

Wattpad!!

I KNOW U Said Don't Say It, But Thats EXACTLY What your looking for!!!!

http://www.fictionpress.com/ is fanfiction.net's sister site for original stories and has communities and forums just like fanfiction.net does.

I have a whole list of sites I have for this situation.

Inkpop: You have friends and write on peoples walls. There is no private messaging, but you can write in all different kinds of genres. I really enjoy this site because it is so friendly.

WEBook: Again you have friends. You don't have a wall (not that I know of), but there is private messaging. I also find it easier to use than Inkpop.

Young Writers Online: You will almost never have a story go un-critiqued. You can have friends, private messaging and a wall. However to post you have to critique, and critiquing on this site is not "Oh I loved that! Keep writing!". It's I full detail critique and if you don't give one, the site moderators will not like you.

Okay, so those are the sites I have. These are some of the sites that I'm looking at getting.

Writing
TeenInk
FanStory (No, this is not a fanfiction site. I checked it out.)
Young Writers Society
What Are Kids Saying

I really can't tell you about any of these sites because I don't have them, but I think they look like good writing sites.

Hope this helped!

~Bookworm741

You've been given some good answers, but I had to comment on this one:

"And I know you don't want anyone to say fanfiction.net, because you want to use your own characters, but you can actually write original stories on there, too. It's not only fanfictions. "

I can only assume this answerer can't actually read.

FanFiction.Net is for fanfiction. To publish/read original stories and poetry please visit our sister site at FictionPress.com.

That's the first line on the homepage below the menu. The _first line_. Posting original fiction at fanfiction.net is site abuse.

Depending on your age, the Young Writers Society (ages 13 - 25) sounds like exactly what you're looking for. It has a chat room and forums where you can make friends, and it also has a very extensive literary area.

http://www.YoungWritersSociety.com

Great idea. First, you have to purchase web hosting. Go for an established and reliable web host --Check out http://buywebspacetoday.com/links/just-host and sign up for a shared hosting (regular hosting) plan, as it's the most affordable type of hosting and has all the features you need for a typical website. Once you get your hosting, go to your control panel and look for Fantastico. Use this tool for a one-click install of Wordpress, a content management system that will allow you to create pages, write posts, add links, edit the design, and basically do a lot of stuff to create an awesome website.

http://notebookinhand.com . Friendly and private.