This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is twitter? Or tweeting? Very serious...I don't even text...?
12-16-2012, 03:02 AM
What is twitter? Or tweeting? Very serious...I don't even text...?
I'm asumming its like texting over the internet? Can someone help me out?
I know that most celebrities twitter, or use twitter....I'm lost and curious.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2012, 03:10 AM

Twitter is a social networking and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read messages known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the author's profile page and delivered to the author's subscribers who are known as followers. Senders can restrict delivery to those in their circle of friends or, by default, allow open access. Since late 2009, users can follow lists of authors instead of following individual authors.[3][4] All users can send and receive tweets via the Twitter website, Short Message Service (SMS) or external applications. While the service itself costs nothing to use, accessing it through SMS may incur phone service provider fees.

Since its creation in 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Twitter has gained notability and popularity worldwide. It is sometimes described as "SMS of the Internet."[5] The use of Twitter's application programming interface for sending and receiving text messages by other applications often eclipses direct use of Twitter.

Ads

Smile.

Twitter is a website that you can join which allows you to post small comments such as what you are up to or how your day has been.

The attraction is that it doesn't reveal personal information about you like social networking sites do and you can freely 'follow' any celebrities you wish (who use Twitter), without them having to accept you as a follower.

It's nice because if you have a celeb you are a huge fan of, you can see what they are up to in their every day life. Apart from that it's a bit pointless.

Tweeting is the word used to describe the act of using Twitter, such as updating your status on there.

it's just like facebook but more simple, you can talk to people follow your fav celebrities to get updates follow other fans if u r one, it's better if you have more followers at first you'll feel that it's pointless but eventually you'll get addicted