This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Economy and Military Retirement and Social Security checks?
12-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Economy and Military Retirement and Social Security checks?
My husband is worried. We would like to know if this financial mess the economy is in will affect his military retirement checks or his social security checks at all?
Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2012, 07:15 PM

as of right now i do not think so because the govt must keep all military veterans satisfied in thinking there is something at the end of the road they can keep fighting for this country other wise no one might not be interested in going to war without the incentives, same with the soc sec checks the older generation wants to continue collection this free money until they all die so that generation has at least another 30yrs or so before the younger generation moves in to that catergory of retirement age at that time there will be a lot of changes with the world alone.

Ads

12-16-2012, 07:15 PM

As of right now, Bush came on CNN with another address to the nation to ask this question (and other stuff that the news already has told us ) and unfortunatly as usual he didn't even "answer" the most important question about us the people's retirements and social security. All he says is "we are doing all we can". I really think you and your husband really don't have to worry about his military retirement. Just like what was said earlier, our government is not going to jeopardize the military. We have to have our military. But, social security. Now, that I can't guarnatee. All your analysist would already tell you, our government drained quite a bit of it. I don't know how bad this can go.
On the news front and online from how things sound, it can all be gone including 401K and pensions (excluding military retirements), state's payrolls for our teacher's, firemen, police officer's etc....are at risk (starting with California). This is something I have never seen in this generation. The best advice I can give you and other's is research.... I have really been paying attention to the news and not just one source. And get online, we have such an advantage of vast knowledge of sources that are probraly more credible and non biased right from our own fingertips. I, myself didn't really understand how the stock market works or it's dogma. This is the time to find out and find out what is being jeopardized to our, the people of this country, what is happening with our tax dollars. The bailout for one, was us bailing out Wall Street and it just angers me that we "bailed out" (our tax money) to these corporations whom squandered money the last 7 or 8 years, to "restart" the market. Honestly, the way business has been done up there in the House was eventually going to topple. As usual, the most innocent suffer. We are the ones who had to pay unreasonable gas and energy prices out of greed--(which let's not forget was the root to not paying the mortgage OR Rent) I hope this will get us Americans to step up and take back our country, it has been long overdue. And let us ask this question's and make them answer them. Not talk around and resummarize what has been already said or happening. They said government checks like medicaid or medicare and even social security is secured. Well, I hope so. They ALL talk, one breath the States' revenues are drying up and the next, no no "it is secured". Well, which one is it?