This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
On Twitter how do you tweet to someone?
12-16-2012, 09:33 PM
On Twitter how do you tweet to someone?
On Twitter I see people put messages on their page to people and I see replies, not private messages. How do I do that . For instance say I am following Steve and have a question for him. How do I put it for him to see, does that person have to follow me or can I just follow them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2012, 09:41 PM

To write something directly to them you put @ and then their Twitter name. To send a direct message, just click on 'direct message' on the right side of the page next to favorites and the search bar.

In order for him to see it, he has to look at your profile. If your Twitter page is on private and he isn't following you, he cannot see it. But, he may have it so that it emails him whenever he gets a reply.

Its confusing, but you will get the hang of it. At the top of the page, it will say "Home, Profile, Find People, Settings, Help, and Sign Out". Click on Help and it will show you a short video of all the basics. Watch it. It helped me A LOT.

Ads

12-16-2012, 09:41 PM

Just like this:

@their_username Hey, what's up? I am sending you this tweet.