This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How does the "who stalks your profile?" application work on facebook?
12-17-2012, 01:44 AM
How does the "who stalks your profile?" application work on facebook?
I had no idea that I was even joined in this application, but today I got a notification saying that "blah* blah* stalks your profile." I'm just wondering how this whole thing works. Other questions I've viewed about the application: people said it doesn't work.

Please don't leave stupid answers about how the question was already asked. THANKYOU Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2012, 01:52 AM

It doesn't. It's a scam to get your personal information and put you on their mailing list.

You get tagged as a mark for other scams by being so gullible.

Ads

I hear about it but i ain`t too sure on how that works and all but i am thinking about getting one though

Hi,
It doesn't really work. The application simply gets your friend, or creates a random person, and pretends that they're stalking your profile. I would remove the app as it could be harvesting information from your profile. Creating an application that tells you who is stalking your profile is against the Facebook's Privacy policy, so the fact that the app exists shows that they are not actually telling you anything.

If there's one way it would work, it could be that if you have the app installed, and a friend has the app installed, your friend could press a button telling you that they've seen your profile. However, I don't think app does that and, even if it did, it would be pointless. You're not really finding anything new, and it's pretty safe to say that a friend you've added has already seen your profile.

it doesnt

Although there's no way to track someone without their consent, a person can add an application to accept being tracked. Facebook makes it technically impossible to track someone without his consent.

Follow the source to see the Facebook's statement about this issue.

What applications like this do is tell you who INTERACTS with your profile the most. You'll never know if someone just looks at your profile.

it does not actually work it just picks random people
because i have one for my dog and i have used it twice it was my mums top stalker which wouldnt actually be true

I have no idea.