This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which type of personality/skills are ideal for Marketing?
12-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Which type of personality/skills are ideal for Marketing?
I'm thinking about applying for an Assistant Brand Manager job. It sounds varied and interesting, but I'm not sure if I'm suited for a career in Marketing. I'm polite and friendly but not talkative. I'm just starting out and haven't had any experience of negotiating/presenting in my first job. What do you need to do well in this career?

Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2012, 08:24 AM

say u realy need the job and tell them that u think you would do a great job

Ads

12-17-2012, 08:24 AM

I own part of a online sales company of the side, that helps make great residual income on the side. But im the same type of personality as you. my mentors told me to read books like "how to raise myself from failure to sucess through selling" and "rich dad poor dad". They helped me point out strengths and weaknesses in my personality as well as the importance of being a sells person at life.

Basically an affective marketing mngr doesnt have to be "in-your-face" "mr/ms social" all of the time. Other traits like being motivator, optimist, and never getting tired of learning something new.

good luck!! i know its tough stepping outside your comfort zone but keep at it and it will become fun! i hope this helped