This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Re Twitter. If I reply to a tweet, do my followers see my reply?
12-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Re Twitter. If I reply to a tweet, do my followers see my reply?
Are my replies only between me and that tweeter?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2012, 09:07 AM

Your followers will see the public reply: e.g. @big_nuts_jim: 'You owe me for that filipino hooker cause I got the last one'.

However, if you direct message your follower (or non-followers) then it is private.

Ads

You'd probably have to ask in the "internet" section... or look on the faqs on twitter.com

Yep. If you want it to be a secret, send them a direct message.

Considering that twitter caters to little children ........ and people with underdeveloped brains , I`d say why not use your "secret magic decoder ring" to encrypt the message ........ and your "followers" won`t know what you said to the "tweeter" !!

"twitter , tweeter , tweet " ........... WOW , that`s some pretty heavy stuff there , Wilhelmina !!

When your message begins with @username, it doesn't go on your followers' homepages unless they are also following that person. For example, I have some followers who also follow @shakira. So if I typed "@Shakira I love your new video!" then some of my followers would see it on their homepages.

If you put @username in the middle or end of your post, it goes on all of your follower's homepages. So if I typed "I love @Shakira's new video!" all of my followers would see it.

However, keep in mind that anytime someone clicks on your profile, they see ALL of your tweets including @replies. If you want something kept private, use the Direct Message feature.

Simple rule from an old man: don't ever post anything on your computer or cellie that you wouldn't want someone else to see. It is SO easy to hack your computer or cellie and receive anything you put up. Can you imagine the embarassment?