This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why won't my apps work on iPhone 3G?
12-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Why won't my apps work on iPhone 3G?
I open a game or something and it gives me the loading screen for a minute and then stops and goes to my home screen. I can't post pictures on facebook because when I select a photo from my library it freezes up and exits the app. I do not understand why it does this? They worked fine when I first got it, although they were still slow. But now they hardly work at all and drain my battery without even letting me do anything.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2012, 07:52 PM

Apps dont work that good on older versions of the iPhone because it can't support.

Ads

12-17-2012, 07:52 PM

I need more info...

Is it jailbroken?
Do these apps have known bugs?

...if not, my only answers would be to...

Option 1: Refresh the phone: (This doesn't lose any data or change any person settings. It's just supposed to fix your issue.)

Hold down both the home and sleep/wake buttons (2 buttons) until your screen goes blank, then, turn your phone back on with the sleep wake button after the phone has went blank. THis may take longer than a typical startup, be patient.

Option 2: Reset the phone: (This will change only your phones settings which can be switched back easily
ex. wifi networks, location warnings, notifications, etc. This will not affect your home screen layout or anything else.)

Open Settings. Then tap General>Reset>Reset All Settings

Option 3: Restore (This method will keep everything intact if done properly.)

First, back up your phone to iTunes (under your phones tab to the left in iTunes, right click it and click the option "Back Up" or something along those lines).

After the back is COMPLETE, under your phone summary, click restore.

Once everything has finished, try opening the Apps on your phone, if they don't work....

Option 5: New iPhone

Unfortunately, many apps available on the app store today have various issues with older generation hardware.

I hope this helps, and good luck.