This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I integrate my application with Windows 7 phone contacts?
12-17-2012, 11:17 PM
How do I integrate my application with Windows 7 phone contacts?
Just like when facebook is installed in andriod or windows 7, we get an option attached with the contact of status update or same.
So, when i open a contact i should be able to see my application integrated with the contact api of windows phone. Is it possible? n how?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2012, 11:25 PM

I'm not exactly sure what you want to do, but it is likely you can't!

Facebook is a special application deeply integrated with Windows Phone 7, so it can do some stuff that an ordinary application cannot do.

Generally an ordinary Windows Phone application is not given enough mojo to access your address book. That is a security measure to ensure that rogue applications cannot get up to no good.

If you do not intend to release your application, then you can use reflection to find the phone's private interfaces. Using these interfaces you might be able to achieve what you wanted, however (a) you would not be able to submit the application to the Marketplace and (b) there is no guarantee the interfaces will be available when the phone is updated to the next version of Windows Phone.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply