This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How does Twitter work?
12-18-2012, 02:55 AM
How does Twitter work?
I just started my Twitter account. Its definitely not like Facebook. I want to talk to my favorite sports stars. Can anyone please tell me how it works and how I can "chat" with my favorite sports stars? Any info would be helpful. Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2012, 03:03 AM

Twitter allows you post tweets in around 140 characters. You can follow people, companies, friends that you like and send them direct messages.

This site will help understand how Twitter works
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/intern...witter.htm

Ads

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/intern...witter.htm

THIS IS A REALLY GOOD SITE!

You have to 'Follow' all the people you want to 'chat' with. You will then receive their 'tweets'. You can IM then from there but no guarantee of a response. They would have to 'follow' you in order to receive your 'tweets'.

So a few million people may receive a tweet from a sports star for example,

there should be a bar where you can type at the top of the screen. In there you type the name of the person or "Sports Star". When you find the right person in a list that appears, click on his or her page then there should be a bit to type under the persons details. It will say there username in it. When you click on it, it will still have the name in it. Then just start typing what you want to say to the person after there username. When you're done click "Tweet" Or if you both follow each other, you can send direct messages that only the person you sent it to can see. Hope this helped Big Grin