This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is facebook not updating my profile?
12-18-2012, 06:40 AM
Why is facebook not updating my profile?
This has been happening for a while now but facebook is not updating my profile picture, statuses, or anything anyone posts on my wall. When I click on my profile it only shows posts from last week. I'll get a new notification but when I click on it there's nothing there. Other people see my updates but why can't I?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2012, 06:48 AM

No idea how to fix this, but it seems to be a common problem that has popped up over the last two weeks. Maybe if we can figure out what we all have in common (because it's happening to some of us but not to others) then we can work out what's wrong. So far it's not a cache issue, because cleaning out caches does not fix it. I don't think it's a hacking issue either because changing my password didn't help, and I do not use applications.

Perhaps it is a bug with the new profile, or maybe Facebook changed some code somewhere and broke it. Either way, their support system really sucks - "Gee, something has gone wrong, let me see if any other users have solutions, but oh well, guess I can't actually report the bug to the people in charge, can I?" *sigh*

Using different browsers (Chrome, IE and Firefox) has made no difference whatsoever, and neither has the use of different computers, on different networks, or cellphones, or any other kind of hardware. I think this is a case of "Facebook, dear, it's not me. It's you."

Ads

Yep, I'm having the same problem too. I getting the email notifications but when I go to my page they're not there, I change my profile picture, and 2 minutes later, it reverts back to my previous picture. People I have blocked or unfriended are still showing up in my news feed as is certain game posts which I am constantly deleting! *cough-farmville!-cough* The glitch started about 2 weeks ago, I've sent the 'help' 2 emails with no replies, changed browsers, logged off then in again. Still the same. Sorry I couldn't help you but at least you know you're not the only one it's happening to.

same thing here! I saw on cnn yesterday that fb is changing its layout again, like soon so maybe this explains why?!