This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have you ever gotten so tired of being lonely?
12-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Have you ever gotten so tired of being lonely?
... that you realized that being aggravated by it was actually worse than being lonely itself?

or, how did you come about it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2012, 11:20 AM

Ya totally so I decided to get out there and meet people and learn how to act by trial and error. Lots of trials... lol.... Worth it though. I beginning to condition my perspective. Take pleasure in the little things. Keep an open mind. Be daring.

Ads

Im totally there right now. And well just let it go, you should keep in mind that you arent going to be alone forever. Theres someone out there for you, and im sure that there are people that love you and care about you. Be there for them like they are for you Smile Just dont think about it so much, focus on the little things in life that make you happy. Like your favorite dessert, the family dog, a tv show you favor, or a new book/movie thats coming out soon. Be excited for even the littlest things, you'll be happier that way. Write about the positive things in your life, and then look at them and think "wow, im really happy with who ive become". then it will be as simple as 1+2 to realize that you arent going to be alone forever. sometimes you just have to reassure yourself. i hope i helped you Smile

What you can do is make friends or if not do something you really like and keep to it, if not then do what i do when i get lonely you could listen to music and start day dreaming about fantasy/ real life. Good luck, hope my advice help u, take care... XD

We are all lonely at some point. Frankly, I think people are lonelier now than we were a decade ago. With the surge of MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, IM, texting, and all those other quick message and social network things we take for granted the need for physicalities in our relationships. People, no matter how much they may say they don't, need face to face meetings, hugs, handshakes, direct smiles. We need to hear people's voices and see the emotions in their eyes. We need touch. We can't get a majority of those things through all the internet and cell 'connections.'

And yes, I get aggravated when I am alone. Being alone leads to being lonely which leads to feeling like you are not good enough for anyone which leads to being angry that people are so picky and judgmental. And, sometimes, yes, that aggravation makes things worse because it usually includes sadness and a feeling or worthlessness as well.

There really isn't a way to come out of it. Clearly, you should try to not be in that mode often and there are ways to not feel it all the time - such as doing things for yourself that make you happy or volunteering to where you could be around others who actually want to help and are usually more willing to talk and make friends than others may be.

If you find that it is a specific time or day that you feel the loneliest, plan something for then. Go to a movie or out to lunch with a friend...or just yourself. If you can't make a physical visit, plan to call someone you haven't had a chance to in a while. You can be alone without being lonely.