This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the difference between consumer and commercial marketing?
12-18-2012, 05:10 PM
What is the difference between consumer and commercial marketing?
I need to know what the difference is between the above types of marketing and am having difficulty! Help appreciated.
To make clear, I do understand the concepts of consumers and commerce and am looking for a more in depth answer as to what the differences involved in the work of their respective types of marketing.
To make clear, I do understand the concepts of consumers and commerce and am looking for a more in depth answer as to what the differences involved in the work of their respective types of marketing.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2012, 05:18 PM

Consumer is said to be an individual or group of individual who is willing to buy a particular product by spending a part of his income in order to satisfy his demand..........and the commercial marketing refers to the no. firm launching a a product with similar identities with some variance in order to influence a consume to buy a product in a large scale ... with a motive to increase a sales turn over of the year.....where, quantity, quality, brand, etc are the part of product designing!

Well, consumers is said to be the back bone of marketing either it's social marketing or commercial marketing........
as we all know, that market is a place where buyers and sellers meet, and a deal takes place in between them...with their mutual understandings in order to get what they want...but this kind of deal cannot be taken as marketing, because it included a short term deal...which takes place between two or more, but less than 10....
Commercial marketing is a kind of process which includes various other functions ...basically known as Four P's i.e which is also know as Marketing mix.....i hope you know the meaning of Marketing mix....i.e. combination of various other basic functions in order to make a product of a firm attractive which can influence a consumer, to buy a particular product.....
This includes four p's Product, Price, promotion and place mix...

Lemme explain you with some basic examples.....for the points above.....

Product mix: refers to the looks of a product, including quantity, quality, branding, labelling , size of a product

Price mix includes the cost of production, labour charge , raw materials cost etc....
and so on! rest, tell me what actually you wanna know?

Ads

Consumer is a consume a products or sevices, whereas the commercial marketing is a multi activity which may succeed to increase the number of the consumers or not.

Suggest one way is number of different audiences, for a sale to the consumer market you need to influence one person or maybe an extended group (e.g. family) but with B2B you have different people in very different roles - e.g. your end user/buyer may be an engineer who specifies product, a product manager who determines product requirements, a buyer - who will have corporate issues - possibly accounts people - terms & conditions - executive type - is this strategy would want to take? So your marketing need to focus on different audiences at different times in different ways

The sales cycle can be a lot longer - think MOD orders for future weapson systems the procurement system takes years so marketing has to be sustained not just a single campaign for "a spring special offer"!