This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do immigrants in the UK get all the council homes?
12-19-2012, 03:47 AM
Do immigrants in the UK get all the council homes?
This is an issue that always seems to appear in the news...

DO immigrants really get preferential treatment in the british social housing market OR is it just daily mail propaganda?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2012, 03:55 AM

No, they don't.

Ads

its propaganda , check the figures at your local councail offices you will find that its only 5 - 10% of housing that goes to immigrants and they have to go through the same waiting times , checks etc that the rest of us have to.

yes its true, and they dont have to pay, and they milk the place dry, it makes u sick were u got folk that have been living here all there lifes and cant get any help

no they don't. they are in fact entitled to nothing at all. I know this because I am married to a former asylum seeker. I get so fed up with the media saying immigrants get this immigrants get that when in fact they get nothing.

yes well around where i live anyway

yes they get the 3 bedroom houses english people get masionettes and high rise sh#t housing english get sweet fa from social services be cause to many do gooders about

Yes...they get our homes,money for cars,clothes,food I could go on and on. I know from experience about the car....my friend owns a garage and an immigrant turned up to buy a car (was given a voucher to buy a car by our government), my friend refused as he had no licence,no insurance nothing.A couple of hours later he had a phone call saying he had to accept it and sell him the car.
They wont do it for local people who have lived here and paid tax and insurance all our lives.
There are two immigrant families on our estate who were given houses the minute they arrived and they refuse to speak our language, are very rude and abusive.Another friend of mine has been moved from B&B for 2 years now with her kids and they still wont give her a house even though she left an abusive husband!! Fair I think not.

my daughter gets pushed down the list every time an immigrant sighns on. they automaticly go to the top of the housing list. no matter how long youve been on it. in fact in areas like bradford, if your white and British born you might as well come off of it. because you are never going to get housed. my daughter has been right at the top twice now. shes been on the list for five and a half years.

my uncle has been trying to get a council for the lasts 20 years and still hasnt got one but 100s of poles have moved in my town and have all been home the only way u get a home in england if your british to be a single mother or a young girl with one on the way