This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are the effects of social isolation on a person?
12-19-2012, 10:17 AM
What are the effects of social isolation on a person?
I am recently recovering from social isolation (4 moths of it straight!) and I'm really messed up. I no longer have confidence, am always anxious, depressed, and am almost completely dependant on my gf for happiness. Is there anything that I can do? Also, could someone explain to me what is going on?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2012, 10:25 AM

Don't worry man, you're in good shape. You have a GF and only had 4 months of social isolation.

I've had social isolation for 20 years and never had a girlfriend, and have 0 friends and no family. I would like to break the cycle but don't know where to start. So you have it good, trust me.

Ads

you need a good counsellor nothing else.......i know one good counsellor...9867900174 he will guide you properly...

Join a group therapy, it will be good for you to share with strangers that are also there for a reason, you are not alone in this and don't be afraid to make mistakes, you will see that everyone does, it is the only given.
It won't be easy to be social and it won't happen overnight, not even in 60 nights, but it is the only way to a life.
Take very small steps, just one each day, so that you don't get overwhelmed. Go to the baker, the super market, take the bus. Go out with your girlfriend, to the movies, have a pic nic.
Do you have a hobby? Something you are good at or like doing? Focus on it and join a club with people who share the same interest.
All my best