This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are some basic things to know about Face Book?
12-19-2012, 11:18 AM
What are some basic things to know about Face Book?
I just recently signed up for Face Book, but have no idea how to use it. If you have any tips that might help, like maybe basic things to know, or whatever, Please tell me. Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2012, 11:26 AM

Add your friends from other network such as gmail and know what they are doing

Ads

12-19-2012, 11:26 AM

You can view Facebook's Getting Started Guide, which will probably be the best basic tutorial of how thing on Facebook works: http://www.facebook.com/help/new_user_guide.php

Just some stuff off the top of my head:
The Wall is where people (like your friends) can write messages, posts links, etc.
The News Feed is a collective Wall that is displayed on the home page so you can easily view friends' updates and statuses. You can also post a status of your own there.
Your Facebook profile has tabs for the Wall, Info about yourself, Applications, and other stuff.
Applications are mostly used for fun things, i.e. taking quizzes, playing games, etc.
A "poke" is just a little wordless message you can send to a friend to get their attention and such. I find it kind of useless...
You cannot customize the background of your profile, colors, fonts, or anything. Facebook is not MySpace.
Various notifications from apps, groups, or alerts may pop up in the lower-right hand box.
More important notifications (friend requests, group invitations) will appear in the upper-right-hand corner of the grayish-blue sidebar on the home page.