This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are people I don't know subscribing to me on Facebook?
12-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Why are people I don't know subscribing to me on Facebook?
Since Facebook has launched its "subscribe" feature, I have three people I don't know (but who live in the area that I live in) subscribe to me. Except for one of the subscribers, I don't share any mutual friends with the others, and I have no idea how they found me, let alone what compels them to want to follow me. Is this anything like Twitter, in that they're hoping that I'll subscribe to them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2012, 09:26 PM

I would like to know the answer to that one myself. If you find out, would you let me know?

Ads

Facebook does not care how many subscribe to anyone as long as they have hits on the site for revenue raising.

That's pretty creepy. Especially since I consider Facebook to be a sort of private thing, not as open as Tumblr or Twitter, or whatever.
They might have been creeping through profiles and accidentally clicked "Subscribe" (... guilty, teehee) or, like you said, are subscribing to random people in hopes that they will gain a following themselves.

Anyway, if you wanna get rid of them just disable your Subscribers and then re-enable it. Or just block those randoms.