This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to tell people you're bisexual.?
12-23-2012, 04:53 AM
How to tell people you're bisexual.?
I am bisexual and I know I am, there's no lie about it. I haven't told any of my family because I know they will make my life hell for the rest of my life. My family isn't open-minded at all. I really want to tell them because I hate having secrets but I don't know how. Does anyone have any suggestions to making this easier?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2012, 05:01 AM

Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out

Ads

No tricks simply come out and say "I am bisexual"

You're making the right choice by coming out. Even though it really isn't anyone's business who you love in your heart, it can really make a big to shed the feeling of hiding a "secret" from the world.

I would start by telling your closest circle of friends, who will be there to support you and always accept you. You may want to come out to a large group of people via Myspace or Facebook. Just change your "Interested in" to both male and female. If you want to play a fun game, hide the notification from your status update, that way people will come to know only if they've been snooping through your profile.

You could start by sitting your parents down and telling them you love them. Pick a time when they aren't too stressed about work, finances, or family. Tell them that you've known that you're bisexual for a long time, and that you know they'll always love and accept you. Remind them that you're the same person you were yesterday, and that you haven't changed in a drastic way.

I know it seems like a daunting, but things will definitely get better. Best of luck Big Grin

Why tell them? People don't go around coming out as straight.

I have never understood why homosexuals and bisexuals feel the need to let everyone know their orientation. I really don't give a damn one way or another and think that most other people feel the same way. It almost seems like a self-centered, self-absorbtion thing - ego-centric - which is one of the main things that irritate me about gays. Keep it to yourself and spare the rest of us.

You said:
"I am bisexual and I know I am"

If you've had sex with both men and women, then I would think about telling your family. Living a lie is horrible. What if you end up choosing a woman as your life partner?

However, If you have not yet had those sexual relationships, I would experiment first and then tell them.