This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are people mad at people who are upset by the CT shooting?
01-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Why are people mad at people who are upset by the CT shooting?
I genuinely dont understand. I got attacked yesterday over both twitter and facebook for being upset by it. I was told, "it doesnt affect you, so why do you care? Quit crying".

I feel that that's very heartless. I mean, to me, that's like saying "9/11 or the Columbine didnt affect you personally, so why do you care?". I just think people are so bitter for no reason. It's like nobody has a heart anymore. Imagine if you lost your little child this time of the year. It's supposed to be the holiday season and full of cheer, but how can it be happy? && they wont know why the shooter killed their kid because he shot himself so theyll always have to wonder why their 5 year old's life was taken so soon.

I seriously cant understand why you'd be angry at people who are moved by this tragedy... Somebody explain?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 01:09 AM

Those people have the same type of character and personality as the shooter did. It is just that they keep it in check. That is why they are mad, because they know they are killers themselves in their own mind.

The problem is that there are too many of them!

Ads

I think a lot of people have gotten so used to seeing mass shootings on TV recently that they're desensitized to these tragedies if nobody they know was personally involved. I guess because they feel nothing about, they arrogantly want others to feel the same.

People are being cynical, I'm sorry that happened to you.
I am imagining that these cynical people are feeling...

1. Sick of seeing so many pity posts on Facebook and Twitter. To the point where they think everyone is just jumping on the drama and being fake. What I mean by fake is that sometimes people will make a big deal out of something unfortunate to make themselves look good, to make themselves look like they are a more caring and emphatic person than they actually are.
2. These people are possibly lashing out at you because they are disgusted by what they see as your "emotional weakness." When you are feeling sad for the unfortunate families, people are lashing out at you because they see you as weak and vulnerable. They feel stronger when they criticize you for empathizing with the victims.
3. These people may see your empathy and sorrow and feel sick of themselves because they are so emotionally detached. They (perhaps unconsciously) lash out at you because of this insecurity in themselves.

Anyway, these people are pretty unstable in one way or another. Even if they don't feel much of anything for this tragedy (which is a totally acceptable response), it is irrational to feel anger towards those who DO have feelings for what happened. As you said, "it doesn't affect you, so why do you care" Quit criticizing those who DO care, as if they're doing something wrong.
These people probably felt the same way about hurricane katrina, the tsunami in japan, the holocaust, pearl harbor, etc.

i think their responses are exactly what is wrong with our country today. It's not that we don't have enough or not enough gun control laws. it's that we as a country have stopped caring.