This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Girls, how would you feel if a guy asked you out over the Internet?
01-05-2013, 04:27 AM
Girls, how would you feel if a guy asked you out over the Internet?
I'm not talking about dating sites, I mean a guy you already know asking you out over FB, twitter, etc. I think it's tacky and somewhat gutless and ingenuine when dudes I know do that. Would you lose respect for him? Would you ignore him? Would it not change your response?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 04:35 AM

I think if a guy really liked me they'd ask me out in person. If it was online I would think "is this a joke" "are they going to look at this with their friends and laugh at me" gain the confidence and ask out this girl in real life. She'll feel really good.

Ads

Personally, I would never date anyone who asked me out online. It is far too impersonal for my liking. If I was asked out online, I would tell them I was not interested. Even if I was interested in them at the beginning, something like that shows true character and that is not someone I would wish to date.

I don't recommend it as girls tend to believe that if they r asked out over the internet, they can end the relationship through it as well. It's best to talk to the girl yourself and just be casual as girls are easy to creep out by saying the wrong things. Teasing, after you've become closer might show the girl, lightly will show the girl that you have comfort around her.

If I REALLY liked him, I don't think it would change my response. But then again, I don't think a guy I really liked and saw a future with would do that.

My ex actually asked me out on AIM, and I thought it was tacky and lazy. I'm not high maintenance, but I do want a guy to think I'm worth the effort of asking me out in person if possible. And it was possible - we were on the same college campus at the time. If we're in different cities, I think asking me out by phone would be fine. But not just typing a few words on a keyboard and expecting that to be the start of a relationship!

Really tacky.

I've had a guy do that to me over myspace and some others over texting.

I think they either think that technology legitimized such a cheap method or that they're cowards, meaning if they get rejected, the girl/guy won't see their actual reaction so they can pretend that they don't care that much.

This is both genders' problem. I have female friends refusing to talk to me over the phone, but I don't have the heart to tell them to stop texting everyday because they're so boring to talk to. All they ever say is literally, "hey" and "lol" and then they wonder why people stop responding to them.

Men especially are terrified of rejection, even if you turn them down politely, some chew you out pretty bad or try to get revenge on you when all you're doing is exercising your right do choose whoever you like, just like they are.

You're not saying that you dislike them, only that you're not interested in dating them. But they see it as a vicious attack, they don't prepare for the fact that not everyone is interested in them. So using social media might relieve some of the blow for them. Only, some don't realize how much of a unclassy turn off it is, so it can definitely backfire.

Yes, it makes me lose respect for them, but it wouldn't make me dislike them automatically. I wouldn't ignore them if they were nice people, but it's almost a guaranteed dating chance killer for me.