This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are there some very overly sensitive people on the Internet?
01-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Why are there some very overly sensitive people on the Internet?
I noticed in forums the majority of them seem to suffer from some mental illness, namely a personality disorder..

I made a comment about Demi lovato, she posted a twitter picture of her "natural makeup" I commented on her pose, and that I would find her to be a decent person if she got the help she needed and stopped pretending to be someone she is not and lying to her naive young fans. Within 5 minutes I got 30 messages in my inbox, people or "stans" (stalker obsessed fans, see stan by enimen video for reference) jumped on me saying I'm a horrible person for making fun of her eating disorder and that me saying, "I dont really know why some girls pose like that, jutting collar bone out like that on purpose.. why do they do it?" meant that I am making fun of her eating disorder, what a terrible disgusting person I am, and they usually included their own irrelevant personal issue/experience with an eating disorder. My assumption is that they are overly sensitive.. assuming that I'm making fun of a serious issue when I was doing no such thing.

I've had over 100 comments by 5 different people with similar "Stan"/eating disorder/overly sensitive backgrounds. I've also seen these same people jump on anyone's throat if they say anything remotely opposing any celeb they obsess over.

Did I say something wrong.. or are these people just not well in the head..?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 11:30 AM

the people are not well in the head, they don't like the fact people have their own opinions on celebs, I seen people have a go at people for making a video saying demi lovato copies hayley williams etc. they're are just stupid obbsessed people. u didn't say anything wrong, u just shared an opinion and no one can have a go at u for having an opinion

Ads

mental illness, namely a personality disorder.. -definitely not. They are completely well. I think that they are obsessed PC/Internet users. Inapparopriate, meaningless are also specially termed as "flood" and "spam".
They are using PC too much inapproapriately.
Celebrities forums are a fictionate issue whether you post smth or not, doesnt make any diifeference.
Forums are intented to be used in urgent cases to find out important matters/facts/actual things.
Btw., you could do smth else rather than purposelessly using those unpractical things

Lol. ...no u didn't do anything wrong, there's jus a lot of sensitive people. Don't listen to those people

they have very limited real time interaction with people. They sped most of their time on computer/internet, phones etc

I'm not going to say either way on your comment, but everyone has personality flaws - and those, more often times than not, are amplified on the internet. So, one small personality flaw - such as being a little oversensitive or defensive - comes out and seems a whole lot worse because that's the only part of that person people see - that one little comment, devoid of any kind of inflection. This's even worse when people have a connection to a certain issue - such as having an eating disorder. People are prone to be even more defensive over something like that.

It's not mental or anything... its simply unintelligence and ignorance. You can share whatever opinion you want but there are some people out there that unfortunately are too ignorant and/ or disrespectful to accept others' opinions. Those are the people who feel like they have their finger on the pulse of society which is rarely the case. Don't let it bother you. The people who waste their time arguing with someone online that they don't even know spend waaay to much time online. The beauty of free speech on the internet was so you express your opinions freelySmile

Well, now you know. If you post negative comments on a fan site, the fans will respond.

Why are you surprised?

Insulting someone that other people admire makes them mad. This isn't brain surgery.

those people are not well in their heads

Well, yes, their not all well in the head. I find that when I have posted questions, the ones who jump down my throat and of the same ones whom I may have in my life with the same problems. I have also noticed that many people don't even read the whole post. They just jump to conclusions. Don't worry about them, they can't face truth.`