This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do people use hash tags?
01-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Why do people use hash tags?
Especially in mediums that don't support hash tag searches, like Facebook?! It's so goddamn annoying.

I have two friends who post like, 30+ hash tags after every instagram photo that they upload. Some of them don't even relate to the effing picture. Why waste the time to do that? Every picture posted must take like 20 minutes, including editing, filtering, and hash tagging. Oh, and tagging friends in the photo too. Who has that kind of time?

What's the point?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 01:19 PM

#Idon'tknow

Ads

because of dumb@ss twitter

It's only useful on Twitter. And a lot of people have their instagram account synced with their Twitter account.

hash tags make the picture come up in searches. if i tagged "#instagram" and searched for instagram mine would be at the top of the list.. people do it to get more likes and comments on their pics and the max is 30.. its not a waste of time tagging people of facebook.. you click tag.. click where you want to tag and put their name in.. it takes like 5-10 seconds.. but idk its so whos in it can see the pic i guess? if they cant go on facebook for like a week? idk..